2017 NBA All Star Betting Odds for the WeekendTrevon Lewis
The NBA All-star weekend is three days event which gives the best players in the World a chance to bond before the real part of the season starts. Many will relax and chill with the families while other just wants to make an impression on the fans.
The young star will try to eat the world. Making a name is this league is hard enough on a regular basis. Now, considering they will be surrounded by stars all over the place, it could be an intimidating factor.
However, we are not here to discuss if the East is going to be the West. After all, the game itself is an exhibition game with big names making impossible plays. For the NBA betting fan, there is more to it than just the main event.
The first two-days there will be all kind of games to bet on. While the favorites are there for a reason; there is a lot of room for upsets here.
Odds to Win MVP at NBA Rising Stars Challenge
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Team USA) +250
- Kristaps Porzingis (Team World) +400
- D’Angelo Russell (Team USA) +800
- Devin Booker (Team USA) +1000
- Nikola Jokic (Team World) +1000
- Myles Turner (Team USA) +1400
- Malcolm Brogdon (Team USA) +1600
- Dario Saric (Team World) +2000
- Buddy Hield (Team World) +2000
- Trey Lyles (Team World) +2500
- Jamal Murray (Team World) +2500
- Jahlil Okafor (Team USA) +2800
- Willy Hernangomez (Team World) +3300
- Frank Kaminsky (Team USA) +3300
- Marquese Chriss (Team USA) +4000
- Dante Exum (Team World) +4000
- Jonathon Simmons (Team USA) +4000
- Domantas Sabonis (Team World) +4000
- Alex Abrines (Team World) +4000
My NBA Pick: There isn’t a better player on this list that Karl-Anthony Towns. If he wants to take over the game and win the MVP, I’m not sure there isn’t anybody out there who can stop him. He’s the favorite in the bookie business, but there is enough value out there to make him the first choice.
My Value NBA Pick: Have you seen what Kristaps Porzingis can do on the floor? He’s a tall player with skills you can’t find around the corner.
Odds to Win the Skills Challenge
- Isaiah Thomas (BOS) +200
- John Wall (WSH) +225
- Devin Booker (PHX) +450
- Gordon Hayward (Utah) +800
- Anthony Davis (NO) +1000
- Kristaps Porzingis (NY) +1000
- DeMarcus Cousins (SAC) +1400
- Joel Embiid (PHI) +2000
My NBA Pick: It’s hard to pick anybody here because most of them are skilled enough to have a good performance. Yet, Kristaps Porzingis is listed with a large value at the pay per head sportsbook. Porzingis is a tall-skilled player who can do most things big player won’t even dreamed of doing.
Value Pick: It is Devin Booker. The youngster has improved his game tremendously this season. He’s is one of the most promising stars in the NBA. His competitive nation will make him have a shot at this award.
Odds to Win the NBA Three-Point Contest
- Thompson (GS) +150
- Kyrie Irving (CLE) +450
- C.J. McCollum (POR) +800
- Eric Gordon (HOU) +700
- Kyle Lowry (TOR) +850
- Nick Young (LAL) +800
- Wesley Matthews (DAL) +1200
- Kemba Walker (CHA) +1000
My NBA Picks: Klay Thompson is the only real three-point shooter on this list. The rest should be a good competition, but there isn’t enough talent to fear Klay won’t win this. Let’s face it; all Thompson does in the Warriors lineup is shooting three points.
My Value NBA Pick: I firmly believe Klay Thomson will win the 3-point contest and many will collect against the price per head sportsbooks. But if have to choose one player to give him a fair challenge is CJ McCollum. Like Thompson, he’s not the star player in the Blazer. But he’s a playmaker who can make plays beyond the arc.
Odds to Win the NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- Aaron Gordon (ORL) -150
- Derrick Jones Jr (PHX) +140
- Glenn Robinson III (IND) +1400
- DeAndre Jordan (LAC) +850
Before giving my NBA pick for the Dunk contest, let’s just take a minute and wonder what the hell is DeAndre Jordan doing here? Jordan is a power dunker but this contest is about creativity.
My NBA Prediction: Without Zach Levine in the lineup, Aaron Gordon is the only what to go. If you notice the pay per head sites made him big time favorite in the NBA odds.
Odds to Win MVP at All-Star Game
- Russell Westbrook (West) +400
- Stephen Curry (West) +650
- Anthony Davis (West) +550
- James Harden (West) +700
- Kevin Durant (West) +800
- LeBron James (East) +800
- Kyrie Irving (East) +850
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (East) +1000
- Kawhi Leonard (West) +1400
- Isaiah Thomas (East) +1400
- Jimmy Butler (East) +2000
- Paul George (East) +2500
- DeMar DeRozan (East) +3300
- John Wall (East) +4000
- Carmelo Anthony (East) +4000
- Klay Thompson (West) +4000
- Kyle Lowry (East) +4000
- DeMarcus Cousins (West) +5000
- Draymond Green (West) +5000
- Kemba Walker (East) +6600
- DeAndre Jordan (West) +6600
- Gordon Hayward (West) +8000
- Marc Gasol (West) +8000
- Paul Millsap (East) +8000
My NBA Prediction: The media will make a big deal of the fact that Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant will be on the same team for the All-Star game but it doesn’t mean anything. Westbrook is the favorite according to the pay per head bookies because he’s a Triple-double machine.
Westbrook is the play on this pro bet. He knows he won win the NBA Championship of the MVP award. This is a consolation price to a great season.
My NBA Value Pick: I would with Kawhi Leonard +1400 like a valuable pick for this NBA All-Star game. Leonard is a defensive minded player who has evolved tremendously in the offensive side. He has showed he can take over game this season. I wouldn’t be surprise if he starts going off just because he can
Other NBA All-Star Odds:
- Over/under length of longest shot made by Stephen Curry: 34 feet
- Odds all four Warriors are on the court at the same time: 1/2
- Odds of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook being on the court at the same time: 1/3
- Odds of Charles Barkley apologizing to LeBron James during NBA All-Star Weekend: 9/1
- Over/under number of dunks in the All-Star game: 16.5
- Over/Under number of dunks in the Rising Stars game: 15
- Odds of recording a perfect score on one rack in the 3-point shootout: 4/7